Monday, September 22, 2014

College Essay and LL Cool J's Developing Career

Last week in the class American Literature and Composition I created my first draft of my college essay. Since I'm going to a community college instead of a traditional four year college I created my essay by the standards of commonapp.org. I wrote about my passion for music and how I love to collect and share it. To my surprise my teacher, Ms. Mano (hopefully didn't butcher your name) said it was actually pretty good. Later on that week, we teamed up with a friend so that we could leave comments on each others essays. The comments were very helpful in expanding and revising my paper. I'm thinking about adding my experiences from camp and how music has effected everything else I do in life. I'm also thinking about revising my language with more "hey look I read" type language.

Last week I also read more of my book, where the main character LL Cool J talked about his developing career. This chapter was more basic compared to the last couple chapters I read. There were no surprises except for a brawl he got into, where it was him and his dad against a pro fighter. Cool James mainly talked about how his dad stated to manage his career and his view on drug culture. He believed that drugs just cause pain in the long run, whether you use them and or sell them. He keeps himself distanced from drugs, so today you won't see one alcoholic beverage in his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment