Monday, September 15, 2014

Applications and LL Cool J's Teen Years

This week we focused on filling out our college applications. After high school I'm going to community college for a year or two so that I can receive several credits needed to get a bachelors degree without having to pay ridiculous costs for these classes at a non-community college. After I get these credits for my bachelors, and even during, I will be trying to learn as much as I can about audio production, sound design, digital art and design, and marketing. So this week I created an account for the common application and started to fill out a common application form. This form is accepted by several community colleges, but it's really in depth information and it's a pain to fill out. I also found an application form for Front Range Community College that I will be filling out very soon.

I also got through the second part of my book, LL Cool J's "I Make My Own Rules". Through these chapters he talked about his teenage years. I found out he had the same dream I have right now, which is to hear my own song on the radio. I want to get known and make a living doing something I love and Cool James felt the same. In this chapter we also see the struggle it took James to get his first gig, he had to beg his only connection to get this gig until his connection finally broke down and said he could perform during his dj set. This is why I'm going to get involved in a program after college called Recording Connection that teaches you everything you need to know about producing and recording music while making several connections with people in the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment